<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> You're right that incoming/ can be used for downloading. As I think the
> ftp server is down (uhm... not sure how you could upload then, now that I
> think about it though),

I think it is up. I simply did:

 ftp ftp.devel.lyx.org
 user: anonymous
 pass: <email>
 cd pub/incoming
 prompt
 mput ...
 bye

>                         I did change the links as follows:
>
>   [[ftp://ftp.devel.lyx.org/pub/incoming/qt3-cygwin.patch |qt3-cygwin.patch]]
>
> into
>
>   [[(uploads:/Windows/Cygwin/Enrico/)qt3-cygwin.patch]]
>
> which links to
>
>       http://wiki.lyx.org/uploads/Windows/Cygwin/Enrico/qt3-cygwin.patch
>
> Now you can just use the file manager (username=lyx, password=LyXers) here

Ach... I tried all possible combinations of lyx with lower and upper
case letters but didn't think of LyXers :(

>       http://wiki.lyx.org/ipfm/index.php/
>
> To upload these files to the directory Windows/Cygwin/Enrico which I
> created. Or, if someone moves the files on the ftp server you can change
> the link accordingly.

I uploaded them to Windows/Cygwin/Enrico. I see that there is a
Windows/Cygwin page but it is almost empty. Perhaps a link to
LyX/LyXOnCygwin can be made? Or is it better merging LyX/LyXOnCygwin
into Windows/Cygwin?

> cheers
> /Christian
>
> PS. I added a contribution section at the end of the page and put your
> name there, maybe you should check my spelling just in case.

It is perfect :)

--
Enrico