On Sun, May 21, 2006 at 01:22:12PM -0500, Bo Peng wrote:
> >The only thing that is necessary is to add a dest_dir= option
> >for "sons install" so that the installation can be done in another
> >directory tree.
>
> It is called prefix, the same name used by autotools.

Not quite. "scons prefix=/tmp/foo" will recompile lyx to work from /tmp/foo.

The needed functionality is to be able to compile with prefix=/usr
but to be able to install with a dest_dir that is different.

That is how the current configure-based RPM spec file works. After configuring
with prefix=/usr, we do:

make DESTDIR=${RPM_BUILD_ROOT} install

Does this make sense?

                        ---Kayvan
--
Kayvan A. Sylvan          | Proud husband of       | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.   | Laura Isabella Sylvan, | Katherine Yelena (8/8/89)