Ignacio García schrieb:

In my LyX version 1.4.3 (21/09/06) the following is obsolete:
Subsubsection 2.3.4.3: "Unfortunately, the numbers you can
choose are not intuitive. Table [cap:Values-of-the] explain
all possible values ... and the value of Table of contents to "2""

In my LyX, the dialog shows the values "Yes" or "No" on sliding
the counters.

Also, the settings of documents are not in menu Layout, but
in menu Document>Settings.

Hello Ignacio,

thanks for having a look at the docs!

I wrote the NV-versions for LyX 1.3.x to replace the outdated and often unstructured documentation and had later no time to actualize them for LyX 1.4.x. Now that LyX 1.5.x becomes more stable every day I plan to actualize the docs for LyX 1.5 so that they are ready when LyX 1.5.0 or LyX 1.5.1 comes out.
We should work together on the docs to speed up the actualization and cleanup.
It would be in general nice to have a documentation team!
To have LyX 1.5 running, you can use my SVN builds for Windows:
http://developer.berlios.de/projects/lyxwininstall/

Feel free to work on the NV-docs as you like, you can ask me everything and I'll revise every version you send me. The easiest way is to enable change tracking in LyX 1.5svn because then I can see your changes. There's only one problem: It is currently not possible to get SVN write acess to upload modified versions to LyX's repository. So we need some webspace where all interested documentation team members. I propose to use LyX's wiki as I currently do for the docs until the SVN-problematic is solved.

regards Uwe