Hi Anja,

I've forwarded your message to the users' list, you had sent it to the documentation list.

/Christian

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007, Anja Moos wrote:

Hi,

I tried to use Lyx to write my master thesis but had several problems.

The most severe one:

!!!Lyx doesn't work any more - not at all!!!

When opening it, it says: "Lyx has been closed because of an unexpected situation. This is most likely caused by a flaw in the software[...]".
The error information is (debug log):
"TextClassList::Read: no textclasses found! Completed"
(I didn't try reinstalling it yet, but this bug should be fiexed anyhow. So please, help!! :-))

I worked a little on it before this happend. I found two other problems during those trials:

1. The programm has problems dealing with tex-files. Because it could
   not cope with my tex-files, I tried the following: I exported your
   handbook (or another documentation of yours) to tex and imported it
   again. There was a failure message - which I unfortunately can't
   remember any more.

2. In the tutorial, it sais:  "Überprüfen können Sie Ihre Arbeit anhand
   der Datei de_beispiel_gelyxt.lyx. Sie enthält denselben Text, diesmal
   aber von einem LyX-Profi geschrieben. Die Beispieldateien finden Sie
   im Verzeichnis examples des systemweiten LyX-Verzeichnisses"  But the
   correct path is: examples/de/beispiel_gelyxt.lyx

By the way, I downloaded Version 1.5.1-1.

I'd be very happy hearing from you because I really would like to write my master thesis with your program (instead of word - for plain tex I am to dump...).

Good luck with debugging and fixing and thank you for your work! Best,
Anja

PS: In case you are german you can answer in german.