On 01/20/2012 01:02 PM, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
Dear Richard,

Attached are 78 proposed changes for the Additional Features manual. A couple of additional issues --

I accepted those changes and committed the new version.

I think that Chapter 6 should be last, either as a chapter or as an appendix. I would prefer as an appendix because I think that the main document should be something that would be of general interest to many people, whereas an appendix could be more for specific cases that are there for reference purposes. Chapter 6 interrupts the flow, in my opinion. As soon as I read the first sentence of the chapter, "This section describes how LyX can be used to write articles for submission to the scientific journal Astronomy and Astrophysics..." I figured that all of the general stuff was over. But in fact Chapters 7 and 8 seem much more general than the current Chapter 6.

This seems like a good idea. I suspect many of the sections in Chapter 6 are probably quite out of date, as well. The bit on koma-script, for example, seems to date to something like 2005.

There are 10 instances of the abbreviation "i.g.". See, for example, Section 3.2.1. Is this an abbreviation of a Latin phrase? Which one?

It looks like these are all meant to be "i.e.". I fixed them, too.

Richard