On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 5:46 PM, John R. Hudson
<j.r.hud...@virginmedia.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-01-07 at 17:07 -0500, Scott Kostyshak wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 12:55 PM, John R. Hudson
>> <j.r.hud...@virginmedia.com> wrote:
>> > Is there a way to download the documentation source only as I finally
>> > have some time to work on it? I can see how to download it all but
>> > couldn't see how I could get just the documentation.
>>
>> Do you mean not from the Help menu?
>
> Yes - I haven't been able to do anything since the change from
> subversion to git because of an eye problem which has now been treated;
> with subversion I could copy just the documentation but, from the
> instructions on the website and a look with Trac, I could not see a way
> to copy just the documentation. I will follow the instructions to copy
> the whole source and then just work on the documentation if that is the
> only way to do it but I just thought I would ask in case I had missed
> something.

Ah, I see what you mean. I didn't understand that you wanted the
development version of the documentation. Great!

I don't know how to do that with Git from the command-line. You can
see the current git repository online. For example you could get the
documentation here:
http://git.lyx.org/?p=lyx.git;a=tree;f=lib/doc;h=9c5d3d3f9e2af637c45d6a7d85ed14184cb346b8;hb=e04523f77be2a6d2b5ca708900857154b1eff902

I got there by going to git.lyx.org > lyx.git > tree > lib > doc

Or feel free to send me an email and ask for certain files or folders.

Note that if you aren't using the newest development version you might
have problems with the format version of the .lyx files.

Scott