On 22.04.17 19:14, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> El 22.04.2017 a las 10:27, mn escribió:
>
>> First of all, as shipped with 2.3 ar-shortcuts does not compile, because
>> it errors on:
>>
>> Missing character: There is no ⇥ in font
>> Scheherazade/OT:script=latn;language=D
>
> I cannot reproduce this. Attached is the PDF I get using XeTeX.
> Maybe you are using an old version of the fonts? Could you please
> checkout the latest version 2.100:
> http://software.sil.org/scheherazade/

Which is the exact same font version here.
But I guess the font itself is misleading here.

Notice that in your output it is not "Control-⇥" (this is copied from
LyX for Mac) with the missing character/symbol but "Ctrl+Tab".

English shortcut.lyx does produce "Control-Tab" (with letters not the
symbol) in the PDF also and without errors, if run through pdflatex.
But it gives the same error when run through XeTeX with e.g. Arial:
missing characters.
So I think I narrowed this down to a XeTeX issue on Mac.
But why this ⇥ that's substituted on Mac only bothers XeTeX is currently
beyond me.

>  > There might be mishandling of language definitions in 2.2.2.
>  > (If it is also in 2.3 I don't know. The version I have here segfaults
>  > too often with Arabic to get this far.)
>
> Please report these things as bugs. We already have 2 bugs that we can
> only see on Windows:
> - http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10636
> - http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10448
>
>> If you open the Arabic Shortcuts.lyx file and try to assign the language
>> English to Latin characters, you get to see the underline associated
>> with that change – and simple text changes to LTR.
>
> That LyX's Info inset cannot handle RTL languages is a known problem:
> http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10463

But what kind of impression does this make on users so new and
interested in LyX that they actually want to read the Arabic doc-files?

A workaround, quite quick and possibly dirty, would be possible:
declare main document language as English and declare all the Arabic
bits as such.
Does not look pretty with all the underlines but display the shortcuts
correctly in LyX and in the output.
If this is undesirable and this bug is not resolved quickly I would
suggest that a bilingual hint be added to the corresponding documents:
explaining that bug and urging the user to only look at the PDF.
Some how that seems even less attractive.

greetings
Mike