On 16.04.17 17:20, Uwe Stöhr wrote:
> El 15.04.2017 a las 11:15, mn escribió:
>
>> The attached EPS-files have just been resaved with inkscape, reducing
>> their size.
>> (But how were they created? They look quite pixelated)

> yes, the EPS images are very old and they are no real vector graphics.
> If you could propose 2 better EPS images whose are actually real vector
> graphics, we could use them. Note: the license of these images has to be
> under the GPL version 2 or later to be used with LyX. So if you like you
> could propose 2 EPS that you have created by yourself in inkscape.

There are several eps files I deem suitable for the docs in LyX coming
with texlive:

boule-base.eps from the prosper package is exceptionally small.
and I guess texmf-dist/doc/generic/pgf/images/brave-gnu-world-logo.eps
is politically appropriate.
However, the best picture showcasing eps vector art and being small at
the same time has to be the famous eps-tiger.
In keeping with the animal tradition for the docs there is also a parrot
file from pst-solides3d.

Since all of these already come with texlive there should be no problem
with licenses and re-use.

greetings
Mike