I've recently downloaded LyX and I want to go through the tutorial to help get
me up to speed with its workings.

However, at the very first step I have struck an apparently old problem.
There's no example_raw.lyx file anywhere to be found.  I've inquired widely but
this 9 year old problem seems to keep recurring.  I've looked up the LyX site,
but although there are 'examples' none related to the named file.  I've looked
in the 'contents' of the lyx.app file - nothing there!

So!  Where do I obtain an appropriate copy of the examples directory used with
the tutorials?

Regards.

Clive.

Dr Clive Boughton