Hi,

I'm using LyX 1.0.0 running on a S.u.S.E 6.0 Linux. First of
all, I have to say that I like it very much (in former times
I used to work with that software from Redmond but now I
don't even remember the name of it). Well, unfortunately
I got 2 problems concerning the creating of a table of contents and the
placement of footnotes.

Table of contents
The problem: If the heading of a section, subsection ... is longer than
one line, there is no line-break in the table of contents. The text will
be printed till the right edge of the paper. I tried it with different
document-classes (book and koma-book), but the effect seems to be the
same.

Placement of footnotes
The problem: I'm just writing a manual where in parts of it the user finds
a step-by-step-guide following this scheme:
1. Choose blablabla.
2. The window tralala will appear:
   [right here a figure appears]
3. Now click on schubiduh.
To place the figures I tried both, the usual "Insert -> figure..." and the
"Insert -> floats -> figure floats" methods. Unfortunately, doing it the
last way figures are sometimes placed the way I want it (I put a "h" in
the document layout/float placement-dialogue (yes, even I read manuals,
sometimes :-)), but sometimes the figure appears on the next side. So I
decided to prefer the "Insert -> figure" method to place the figures the
way I want them to.
Anyway (to make a long story short), the problem that I see is the way
LyX places the footnotes: sometimes they are on the right side, sometimes they
appear on one of the folling sides (I think this might be better known as
the MSWB ... Microsoft Word Bug :-), oh Goodness, I still remember the name
of the program...)
I might be wrong, but I guess this depends on the figures. By the way,
this problem appears in both ways to insert a figure.

Does anyone have a helping hand for me?

TIA
Stephan