>I do not know what to say here. We have had reports of crashes in
>xforms when pasting some times ago, but we could not reproduce/fix
>them at the time. I guess it is a bug in xforms. If you still have the
>xforms distribution, it would be interesting to try it out with one of
>the demos there, for example minput.c (just do "make minput" in the
>DEMOS directory, and then "./minput").
>
>JMarc

It IS a bug in xforms. I followed your words, and get same crash.
paste in minput produces

X Error of failed request:  BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  20 (X_GetProperty)
  Atom id in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  454

MY Xform version is 0.88.

Thanks,