I forwarded you mail to the LyX Users mailing list.

        Lgb

Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 22:00:11 +0200
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: LyX Feedback

HELP!!!
   I can't get LyX installed on my system.
 I am a Linux newbee and as such my experience with installations is minimal
I downloaded the package into my home directory.
I unzipped the package using the gunzip command.
I used the tar command with the xvf options.
I attmepted to install the package using the INSTALL.autconfig instructions.
I tried...honest I did.
However, I keep geting errors saying that libforms, libxforms and forms.h are not
installed or something
I am eager to get this up and running. Please help me.
Oh yeah, the first time I attempted to run ./configure I went all the way through the
installation. From makecheck (which gave me an error) to makeinstall to makeclean.
What to do.
Looking forward to your help.
Thanks
Kevin