Alessandro> What's wrong? If the latest teTeX distribution doesn't
Alessandro> give you LATEX2e, where to get it?  How to make LyX see
Alessandro> that I really got latex??????

Jean-Marc> Are you using redhat linux 6.0, by chance? It has known
Jean-Marc> problems at intall time. Another think to try is the
Jean-Marc> texconfig program, that you will need to run in order to
Jean-Marc> make sure teTeX is correctly configured.

If you have Redhat 6.0, you should just go and do the tetex upgrade
*again* by hand, using:

        rpm --force -Uvh tetex-*

This will re-install the tetex package and it will actually work this
time.

                        ---Kayvan
--
Kayvan Aghaiepour Sylvan  | Proud husband of      | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.   | Laura Isabella Sylvan | Katherine Yelena (8/8/89)