Kayvan Aghaiepour Sylvan wrote:

> What the warning means is that you should not be running latex from
> within the directory containing ``article.cls''.
>
> Running ``latex ltxcheck'' in your home directory, or /tmp, or
> wherever else you choose (other than $TEXMF/tex/latex/base/) is
> fine. The purpose of ltxcheck is to check your LaTeX installation and
> make sure everything is accessible without any extraordinary measures.

Okay, I get it now.  I guess I didn't understand the wording, "This
file should *not* be run in a directory that contains article.cls."

(I ran the check, and everything came up okay.  If anyone's
interested.  ;) )

Kevin

--
Kevin Chu               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://members.tripod.com/~super_kevin/