Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Richard> I'm making a report and I'm using subsection titles (without
> Richard> numbers). If I use section titles I get huge (IMO)
> Richard> titles. The bibliography title is also huge. I'm just making
> Richard> "standard" (for us) reports with 1" margins all around.
>
> Richard> Maybe the question should be, can I change the font size of
> Richard> all section titles (headings?)?
>
> You should try out other text classes like paper or the koma-script
> package. In the later case, you can use the 'smallheadings' global
> document class (in Layout->Document) to get smaller ones (I never
> tried it myself).
>
> Similarly, the paper class allows you to change the font used for
> sections. You will need to write a bit of LaTeX commands, though...
>
> As far as your problem is concerned, you can just do
> \let\section=\subsection
> in Layout->LaTeX Preamble, and all sections (including bibliography)
> will be in fact subsections. This will do the trick, but it is ugly
> IMHO.
>
> JMarc

Jean-Marc,

I was somewhat mistaken in my description, however, your solution showed
me what to do. I paraphrased it as:

\let\chapter=\section

in the layout -> preamble.

Now "Bibliography" is the same size as the section headings.

This reduced the bibliography heading to the same size as the sections.
(I am not using chapters, only sections and subsections).

In the future I will explore your other comments. I'm using report but I
guess I should be using paper. I'm relatively new to latex and lyx, so
some things are still a bit confusing. I'm extremely impressed with the
functionality of LyX and LaTeX.

Thanks.

Rick Bilonick