Hi,

> > - When I use enumerate or list and the list goes on over several pages,
> > the footnotes come at the end of the list, not on the respective page.
> > Is this problem solved now?
> I think this should be fixed

Another strange behavior I noticed: When placing footnotes in lists or
enumerations, there's no space between the footnote in dex and the
following word.

> > - When spellchecking, GErman Umlauts aren't recognized. Adding words
> > with Umlauts to the personal dictionary yields an error.
> > Also, oddly, I was onyl able to use the Spellchecker as root, although
> > /usr/bin is in the user PATH...
>
> Here IMO you have problem with your system installation. It is not

I was assuming an ispell prob... Any idea what might be up?

> LyX which does not permit you to run ispell. I use it all the time for
> english, italian and german text and it works great. Do you use the

Oh, the spellcheck works - as root - even with dictionary deutsch.

> latin1 switch for german text? Otherwise it is ispell which does not
> recognize latin1 charachers!

I had it on default and changed to latin1 with no difference.

cu
-pete