I tried to run the spell checker.
I complained that it couldn't find ispell
until I gave it the correct path in my lyxrc file.

It then ran but immediately crashed with the
message

        "illegal option -- B"

Since I didn't pass this flag I assume that
lyx  inserts it somehow.

I found no references to this parameter in the
ispell documentation.

I assume that the problem is that I am running
an old version of  ispell  (time stamp is Nov 1993)

Is this the problem and will it be fixed if I
update the version of  ispell that I am using?

Note that it is a pain for me to get the sysadmin
people to update tools so I'd rather be sure
before I bug them.

Thanks

Ralph Boland