Lars> Bruce Momjian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes: | Can someone
Lars> suggest why an un-numbered Chapter called "Preface", and my |
Lars> Bibliography section do not appear in the table of
Lars> contents(TOC)? They | don't appear in the TOC popup box, nor do
Lars> they appear in the printed TOC | pages. There appear as pages in
Lars> the printout, just not in the TOC.

Lars> This is a LaTeX feature. If you want these headings in the TOC
Lars> anyway you have to add them manually, that is done by adding a
Lars> line of tex magic right before or right after the hading in
Lars> question:

Lars> [and now to I remember the magic?]

Lars> No...I don't remember the magic, and my LaTeX book is several
Lars> meters away...

Lars> I am sure somebody else will provide the needed magic.

The best solution (for the preface anyway) is to add
  \frontmatter
at the beginning of the document
  \mainmatter
when serious things begin, and
  \backmatter
before bibliography and such stuff. This will not give you correct
  result for bibliography, so you will have to find out what the magic
  is, after all...

JMarc