Daniel> Hi. I´ve now translated everything so that the PS output is in
Daniel> German. I have some questions though.

Daniel> First I notice that when a "Standard" text follows a
Daniel> subsection/subsubsection, the text is not displayed below, but
Daniel> rather next to the subsection title (= the linebreak is
Daniel> missing). I find this very annoying, how can I fix that?

This is a design choice, as far as I know. There is therefore no
"fix" (someone who knows the ams classes better than I do might prove
me wrong, though).

Daniel> Second, is there a way to bind "layouts" to keys? As I am
Daniel> writing a quite long mathematical text with often changing
Daniel> parts ("theorem", "proof", "definition") I spend too much time
Daniel> grabbing the mouse and looking for the appropriate entry in
Daniel> the popup list. I´d much more prefer to rather just press
Daniel> F1...F10 or whatever.

Have a look at file lib/bind/menus.bind, around line 238. This will
show you what bindings exist and how they are defined. You can add
such commands to your lyxrc, like

\bind "F1" "layout Theorem"

Daniel> And last, how can I enter using just the keyboard these
Daniel> parentheses which resize according to their contents? In the
Daniel> lyx and latex file they are called \( and \), but when
Daniel> entering \( or \) I get parenthesis but only with a fixed
Daniel> size?

\( and \) is certinly not what you want in LaTeX (they mean
enter-leave math mode). You probably mix them with \left(...\right).

Anyway, the right math shortcut is 'M-m ('.

Daniel> It would also be nice if I could use the math panel just with
Daniel> the keyboard. This, together with point 2, would make life
Daniel> much easier.

Sure. The math panel needs some work.

JMarc