Diego> I first installed lyx 1.0.4 at /opt/lyx and when I tried to
Diego> import a latex file it came up with this message:

Diego>   cannot find default syntax file
Diego> NONE/share/lyx/reLyX/syntax.default at
Diego> /usr/local/bin/../share/lyx/reLyX/reLyXmain.pl line 148.

Diego>   Exited due to fatal Error!

Diego> But when I run reLyX from the text console i worked fine. Now I
Diego> have move up to LyX 1.1.2 but installed at /usr/local thinking
Diego> that would solve the problem but it didn't import and gave the
Diego> same message. I try to run reLyX from the console and gave the
Diego> same message too.

Diego> What is going on?, the file "syntax.default" is there were
Diego> reLyXmain.pl is looking for it, in:
Diego> /usr/local/bin/../share/lyx/reLyX/syntax.default , and were
Diego> does the NONE come from, there is not such string in
Diego> reLyXmain.pl

The NONE comes from the reLyX script itself. This is a bug which is
fixed (I hope) in 1.1.3. However, you can also edit reLyX (in
/usr/local/bin, I guess) and replace the NONE that you will easily
spot with 'usr/local'.

JMarc