Bruce> In many cases, I have found I need access to the TeX version of
Bruce> my LyX documents for inclusion in e-mail (using latex2html) and
Bruce> other purposes, so I have modified my version of LyX 1.04 to
Bruce> write a *.tex file every time it writes the *.lyx file. (Patch
Bruce> attached.)

Hmm, the patch seems a bit rude :)

Bruce> I know there is some program that talks to LyX via pipes, and
Bruce> there is a lyxexport script in that package, but it didn't work
Bruce> for me and seems kind of a kludge. Maybe there should be a way
Bruce> from the command line to dump a LyX file out in TeX format?

We have a patch which has been submitted which adds an --export option
to LyX. I'm sure it will be in 1.1.4.

JMarc