Gerald Gutierrez writes:

  I didn't see this in any bugs documentation, so I don't know if it's just me. I
  just compiled my own lyx 1.14 with the fix1 patch. Every now and then the
  program just seems to disappear (crash I guess). It doesn't leave a core file
  behind [...]
  It goes with no warning. I can just be typing away for half an hour and all of
  a sudden it'll vanish.

You are not alone.  I see the same thing on Sparc-Solaris-2.6 with LyX
1.1.4.  No pattern that I have been able to discern to the crashes,
and no core file.  I never saw this behavior with previous versions of
LyX.  (If I could repeat a crash I would post the details.)

--

Ronald Florence                 http://members.home.net/18james