On 16-Mar-00 Kayvan A. Sylvan wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 16, 2000 at 12:55:08PM +0100, Alexander Volovics wrote:

>> This concerns Lyx-1.1.4 on a RedHat 6.1 system

>> I installed Lyx-1.1.4 and applied patch-1.1.4fix1.
>> So far so good. Everything seems to be working.

>> When I try to apply patch-1.1.4fix2 I get the following
>> output. As a non programmer I don't know what to make of
>> these `Hunk's'. Can anybody please explain (also how to
>> proceed if these `failures' are critical)

> patch-1.1.4fix2 should be applied on top of patch-1.1.4fix1. If you are
> doing that, then you should not be seeing those messages.

If you mean:
1) install 1.1.4
2) apply patch 1 to 1.1.4
3) apply patch 2 to the result of 1.1.4 + patch1
this is exactly what I did (or tried to do).

By the way, how can you tell if a patch has actually been applied.
How can you see if you have 1.1.4 + patch 1 as against 1.1.4 only?

> Why don't you just grab my RH6.X RPM (or SRPM if you want to rebuild your
> own) and go from there? ``rpm --rebuild lyx-1.1.4-fix2.src.rpm'' should
> just rebuild the LyX RPM on your machine.

I did, for my daughters use on her laptop :-).
Since starting to use Lyx some years ago I have been rolling
my own and would like continue doing so.
I like, for example, to put it ALL in /usr/local.
(all my self compiled apps).

Alexander