Klaus> Hi everybody, actually I'm writing my thesis. Only 2 weeks to
Klaus> go ;-)! Therefore I'd be glad if you could help out me with
Klaus> some problems:

Klaus> - My title page and an empty sheet should appear before the
Klaus> TOC. (yeah, I know I could print them out separately, but I
Klaus> have to transform the ps into a pdf file for releasing the
Klaus> thesis on the web.)

Add 'titlepage' as in the 'extra options' field of Layout->Document.

Klaus> - There will be an introduction after the TOC before starting
Klaus> with the first chapter. The problem is, that I have to use the
Klaus> chapter style because I want the introduction to be in the TOC.
Klaus> But then the first chapter is now the second chapter and so on
Klaus> ... .

Use the following hint just posted to the list.