From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>Section 1.2 - I would like to know about "world record
>documents" (read it
>       - you'll see what I mean). Anyone do longer than a 118
>       page thesis?
>         Anyone write a proposal for more than $1 M (US)? etc.

I'm within a hair's breadth of importing a 500 page book into LyX, right
after I get my Linux setup working again (computer upgrade destroyed it).
It's a different question whether I'll be staying with it -- I'll have to
see whether it works the way I need.

This is a notebook for a seminar; I need book-style binding (facing pages),
very wide inside margin (to accomodate user notes as well as my own margin
notes), margin notes which always appear on the inside margins, and
underlines to allow me to provide stuff for seminar attendees to fill in
("When about to ask a question, you should demand that students ________
their hand").

So far I've yet to find any word processor which comes close; GeoWrite
(http://www.newdeal.com) comes the closest, but it only runs under DOS, and
doesn't support tables.  LyX is so cool in so many other ways I may wind up
using it for other purposes anyhow, but it would sure be cool if it could
handle all of these things as well.

>Mike

-Billy