I'm using RH6.2 and I can't get lyx to install.  I've tried 2 different
rpm distributions and the tarball.  I each case, in the configure script I
get errors regarding not finding libforms or libxforms, but I DO have
xforms installed.  In the INSTALL file they mention this problem and using
the switch '--with-extra-lib'. Since I know exactly where the lib file is,
I tried this:

        ./configure --with-extra-lib '/usr/X11R6/lib/libforms.so.0.88'

and

        ./configure --with-extra-lib /usr/X11R6/lib/libforms.so.0.88

and

        ./configure --with-extra-lib "/usr/X11R6/lib/libforms.so.0.88"

I then got the inexplicable error:

        ltconfig: you must specify a host type if you use '--no-verify'
        Try 'ltconfig --help' for more information
        configure: error: libtool configure failed

I tried 'ltconfig --help' and that returned 'command not found'

Any suggestions would be really helpful.

Thank you.
Esteban Salazar
[EMAIL PROTECTED]