I am submitting a paper to the C.C.C.G. conference.
I am satisfying the conferences document format requirements
but using  amsart document layout with some modifications.
I need to use the amsart document layout because I need
some of the amsfonts and things like theorems.

Unfortunately I must submit my document with two columbs but
amsart layout refuses to allow me use wide figures which I
need for my paper.
This is a difficulty with the latex class amsart and
not with lyx.

First question:

1) What is the simplest way to use wide figures in
combination with amsart.layout?  Should I instead
try to build a new document class with all the
features I need from the amsart document class.

The conference requests that I use the command

    "dvips -m -D 1200 -o file.ps file.dvi "

to build my postscript file.

Of course I can do this by first exporting my lyx file
to a latex file.  This works but it clumsy.

There must be command that I can add to the lyxrc file
that will have this be done automatically.

Second question:

What command do I add to the lyxrc file to do this?

I am using lyx 1.0.4 and have read the documentation.
Should I pick up a a version of the documentation for
a newer version of lyx or is the lyx 1.0.4 documentation
 the best for using lyx 1.0.4?

I assume the next stable version of lyx will be 1.2.
When it is released I hope to convince our sysadmin
guy to install a new version of lyx.
Any idea when lyx 1.2 might be released?

Thanks

Ralph Boland