Olof Liungman wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Thanks for the prompt answer.

You´re welcome.

> > For me it seems that exporting your file as LaTeX isn´t enough. The
> > missing (the warnings) of croos-references and so on indicates that you
> > missed to "latex" your exported file.
> > You can do so by typing "latex [yourfilename.tex]" at the command line.
>
> Hmm, this just gives me the same errors.

Even if you repeat this command for several times (Two or three times
should be enough)

> > I do not know much abpout pdflatex; I managed the problem to convert
> > LyX-files to PDF as follows:
> >
> > 1. include a
> > \usepackage[ps2pdf,pdftitle={whatever you
> > want},linktocpage,colorlinks=true]{hyperref}
> > in your LaTeX-preamble (Layout -> LaTeX...)
> > 2. Export your LyX-file as Postscript.
> > 3. Use ps2pdf to create the PDF-file (at the command line: "ps2pdf
> > [yourfilename.ps]"
> >
> > For me this works quite perfectly - but I agree with you that a "direct"
> > PDF-export would be much more comfortable (hint for the developers :-).
>
> Using ps2pdf on the ps-file worked fine. However, when viewing the pdf-file on
> screen in Acrobat Reader the text is really blurry and difficult to read. Also,
> it takes ages to put it on screen, each line sort of scrolling up like on old
> computers.

Which font are you using? There are some that are not dealed with as
text but as grafics. To avoid this, you might try to change the fonts
via Layout -> Document to "times". Then it should work better...

> I tried inserting the stuff under point 1 in LaTeX preamble, i.e.
>
> \usepackage[ps2pdf,pdftitle={kl_model},linktocpage,colorlinks=true]{hyperref}
>
> but then the LaTeX runs number 1 fails upon printing to file with 62 errors:
> "Unable to print. Check that your parameters are correct." "kl_model" is just
> the filename of the article I'm writing. Did I get the line above right?

Hm, the syntax seems to be o.k. The "pdftitle={whatever you want}"
command is used to give your PDF-document a title  - visible via File ->
Document Info -> General... (for Acrobat Reader). So is is not
necessarily the name of the file (and it is not necessarily needed,
too).
The "linktocpage" command is used to create hyperlinks for the page
numbers within the TOC of the PDF-document.
The "colorlinks" command is used to enable coloured hyperlinks.

Regards,

Stephan

--
Stephan E. Schlierf M.A.