On Wed, 5 Jul 2000, Laurent DUVAL wrote:
> Suppose I type Ctrl-D, aiming to delete a character, just like in Xemacs.
> LyX then starts a sometimes quite long compiling process.
> Now, suppose I would like to stop it, instead of waiting for minutes.
> What should I do?

Sorry, I don't know how to stop it, but I did find recently that I was
doing lots of emacs-like keypresses in lyx which generally did not have
the effect that I desired, e.g. ctrl-e to move to the end of the line,
which 'emphasises' the text, and ctrl-x-s to save, which cuts and then
saves!

The solution: stop doing emacs keypresses, or add this to my lyxrc
file
\bind_file emacs

Oh the joy of emacs key bindings in lyx!

Phil