On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, Herbert Voss wrote:

> copy: elsart.layout -> home-dir/.lyx/layouts
> save: home-dir/.lyx/layouts/lyxmacros.inc as lyxmacros.inc.old
> copy: lyxmacros.inc -> home-dir/.lyx/layouts
> copy: the latex-class elsart.cls -> /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base
> (the latex dir might be different! have a look at it)
>
> run (maybe as root!) texhash
> and ./configure from home-dir/.lyx or from lyx itself by
> option->reconfigure
>
> when you start lyx again, the new document layout
> article (elsart)
> will be in the list layout->document->class.
>
> if not, look for the right lyx-dir for the layouts!

First of all, thanks a lot for your help.

Unfortunately, the newly installed elsart.layout doesn't show up in the
list.

As you said, I checked my lyx-dir. I have gone through my
~/.lyx/lyxrc. I run a "grep layout" and "grep lyx-dir" on it, but
couldn't find anything. Am I looking in the wrong place (or for the
wrong thing???).

I am using LyX 1.0.3. Has it anything to do with this?

Thanks,

        Marco Bravi