On 3 Aug 2000, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Bing> Dear All, Could you tell me where I can find binary one for
> Bing> Solaris so that I needn't compile the source code when
> Bing> installing?
>
> It would be nice if some kind soul using solaris 2.7 would take a look
> at the instructions in INSTALL and prepare a binary distribution of
> 1.1.5fix1 for solaris. Then report to me any problem you have in doing
> this.

I have just smoothly compiled a Solaris 2.7 binary distribution, but I
can't upload it :-(
INSTALL says to put it in ftp://ftp.lyx.org/pub/lyx/uploads - but this
directory does not exist. For now you can find the file in:
http://www.math.huji.ac.il/~slior/lyx-1.1.5fix1-bin-Solaris2.7-static.tar.gz

Note: Due to disk quota limitations I compiled LyX without debug info.

Warning: Since I don't have root permissions on the machine, I can't
install the distribution, so I don't know whether it actually works. The
src/lyx binary did work (and ldd confirmed that it doesn't require
libforms or libXpm)

Lior.