I'm trying to achieve this effect with enumerate:

"There are 3 options, which are:

1. Option 1

2. Option 2

and finally, under very specific circumstances:

3. Option 3

Those are all the options."

Obviously, Option 3 comes out as a new Option 1 if I just start a new
enumerate environment, and the text between options 2 & 3 can be nested,
as it wants to be fully left justified (its not specific to option 2).
The only way I've been able to do this so far is to replace option 3
with the rather horrible:

"\being{enumerate}
\setcounter{enumi}{2}
\item Option 3"

This works, but won't if the final option becomes option 4 for example
(unless I remember to change the \setcounter command).

So is there a standard environment type I could use for the intervening
text which would be both left justified like the normal environment and
doesn't reset the enumi counter back to 1?

A CC: by email would be most appreciated, as I only have a temporary
email address at the moment and don't want to subscribe until I have a
permanent one.

Thanks,

David.