Angus Leeming wrote:

> > > maybe that it's missing. let it search by the explorer,
> > > than you are sure. you can get it at CTAN. but
> > > dont't forget to do a texhash after installing.
> > >
> > > Herbert
> >
> > There is a file "geometry.cfg" that says it is the replacement for
> > "geometry.sty" in the "C:\texmf\tex\latex\config" file.
> >
> > I don't know what to do from here. What is a "texhash"?
> >
> > Shawn
>
> Get the files geometry.dtx and geometry.ins from CTAN
> (http://www.ctan.org/search), place them in your tex distributon. (I put them
> in directory texmf/tex/latex/geometry.) Run tex on geometry.ins:
>         tex geometry.ins
> This should generate geometry.sty. Now run texhash, to put the new files in
> the tex database.
>         texhash
>
> Angus

Okay,

I did not have the geometry file, so I created one then placed geometry.dtx and
geometry.ins there.

On a linux box I know how to run  -- tex geometry.ins  --  but do not know how to
do the same on a windows98 box. Also, I have no idea what texhash is. I have run
a search via Find but have no file, executable, or program with that name. Is it
something in lyx? I have done a small web search but could not find anything
win98 specific regarding texhash.

Could you tell me how to run  -- tex geometry.ins  --  and texhash.

Thank you for your help.