>>From: "Chris Schulbert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Subject: Re: Change line space in a list
>>Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 09:42:38 +0200
>>
>>> Is it an easy way to modify the line space in a list (enumerate or itemize
>>> enviroment) ?
>>>
>>> When using an enumerate enviroment  I obtain something like:
>>>
>>>   1. Item one
>>>
>>>   2. Item two
>>>
>>>   3. Item three
>>>
>>> But I want  the lines be separated with single space, something like:
>>>
>>>   1. Item one
>>>   2. Item two
>>>   3. Item three
>>
>>try
>>
>>1. \setlength{\parskip}{-3pt} Item one
>>
>>in the first enumerate-line and in tex(red)
>>

>>Hi!
>>This works for enumerate, but not for list-env. Is there a chance to do this
>>for list, too?
>>
>>Chris

This package (built from a answer in the french LaTeX FAQ) should do it:
\noitemsep
shrinks spacing
\doitemsep
releases spacing
Very useful in slides.

--
Jean-Pierre
%%%% debut macro %%%%

%% Bring items closer together in list environments
% Prevent infinite loops
\let\orig@Itemize =\itemize
\let\orig@Enumerate =\enumerate
\let\orig@Description =\description
% Zero the vertical spacing parameters
\def\Nospacing{\itemsep=0pt\topsep=0pt\partopsep=0pt%
\parskip=0pt\parsep=0pt}
% Redefinition de art12.sty pour commencer a la marge de gauche
%\leftmargini 1.2em      % 2.5em

\def\noitemsep{
% Redefine the environments in terms of the original values
\renewenvironment{itemize}{\orig@Itemize\Nospacing}{\endlist}
\renewenvironment{enumerate}{\orig@Enumerate\Nospacing}{\endlist}
\renewenvironment{description}{\orig@Description\Nospacing}%
{\endlist}
}

\def\doitemsep{
% Redefine the environments to the original values
\renewenvironment{itemize}{\orig@Itemize}{\endlist}
\renewenvironment{enumerate}{\orig@Enumerate}{\endlist}
\renewenvironment{description}{\orig@Description}{\endlist}
}