On Thu, 26 Oct 2000, you wrote:
> > the document using figure-floats. The captions look like "Figure 3.4:" on
> > screen, but when printed, they all come out "Fogure 3.4:", etc. This is
>
>  Are You sure You did not redefine \thefigure or \caption command ?
>
>  Don't You use some brain-damaged package ?
>
>  Does it happen if You just create plain new file and insert floating figure in
> it ?
>
>  Isn't Your latex instalation broken ?
>

> A.K

Thanks for the suggestions. I probably would have found it if I'd continued
digging, but it was 11pm and I was getting a bit stressed. The problem is with
the 'report' class, and is a typo in report.cls under the latex/base directory.
Who should I inform? I can't post to the list at the moment, so perhaps you
could psas this on...

Thanks again,

Dave.