Peter Suetterlin wrote:

> Christopher wrote:
> > Ok, everyone, bear with me.
> >
> > I need to make a directory of phone numbers. Here's how I want to do it:
> >
> > 8.5X11 sheets folded into one another (so I will be printing landscape).
> >
> > So the sheets will be printed as follows:
> > Sheet1(inside) pages 1 and 10
> > Sheet2(outside) pages 2 and 9
> > Sheet2(inside) pages 3 and 6
> > Sheet3(outside) pages 4 and 7
> > Sheet3(inside) pages 5 and 6
>
> Print the document on full pages, using standard left-right headers
> (i.e., twoside format).  Then use pstops to reformat it.
> I only have the settings here for A4 layout, but that should be easy to
> change:
> pstops "4:-3L@.7(21cm,0)+0L@.7(21cm,14.85cm),-2R@.7(0,14.85cm)+1R@.7(0,29.7cm)"

i use always psbook. the following commands prints your A4-ps-file
in a5-format and rearranges pages for bookstyle-format. with a duplex
unit
for you printer you'll get a "real" book format. otherwise write in
another ps-file ( "> myFile.ps"  instead of "| lpr" ) and print odd and
even pages.

psbook -q yourPostScriptFile | psnup -q -2 | pstops -q "2:0,1U(1w,1h)" |
lpr

Herbert

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]