Torsten Hahn wrote:

> > \usepackage[breaklines]{listings}
> >
> > that's all
>
> I do this already, but this breakes only the lines which are to long to fit
> on the page (if they are longer than the page-width). I need to break at the
> bottom end of the page, not at the right.

sorry, i should have read well ...

can you give a minimal example-file, because i never had this
problem with the listings-pacckage. some of listings are over
4 pages.

Herbert

p.s. my latex preamble for listings, inserted by
\lst{filename}{cpation}

\usepackage[breaklines]{listings}
\renewcommand\lstlistingname{Algorithmus}
%\renewcommand\lstlistingname{\textbf{Algorithmus}}
\renewcommand\lstlistlistingname{Algorithmenverzeichnis}
\renewcommand\thelstlisting{\thesection .\arabic{lstlisting}}
%\renewcommand\thelstlisting{\textbf{\thechapter .\arabic{lstlisting}}}
\newcommand{\lst}[2]{%
    \noindent\rule[-1ex]{\columnwidth}{0.3mm}\vspace{-1ex}

\lstinputlisting[caption={#2},label={#1},stringspaces=false,lineskip=-1pt,extendedchars=true,%

basicstyle=\tt\footnotesize,labelstep=1,labelstyle=\tiny,indent=2em,language=Java,breaklines]{#1}
    \vspace{1ex}%
}

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]