> my way was to write from the beginning with lyx :-), too. and
> than i solved all the special latex problems only with the book
> of kopka (maybe that there is an english translation) and the rest
> with the newsgroups:
> de.comp.text.tex  (the german one)
> comp.text.tex     (the english one)
>
> Herbert

There is indeed an english translation for the Kopka and Daly book "A
Guide to Latex 2e", and I found the second edition (published by Addison
Wesley) an excelent way to learn latex, as did the majority of my
collegues. There is now a third edition available.

  Phil Scordis
   Room 2.19, School of Biological Sciences, Stopford Building
    University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PT