On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Rainer Hoffmann wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> pdflatex is (finally) installed on my system. (i.e. when I type pdflatex
> at the command line, it starts up). Now when I click on View->PDF
> (Pdflatex) I get the following messages in the terminal, where I started
> lyx
>
> Converting from  latex to pdf2
> Running none
> sh: none: command not found
> Executing command: acroread test.pdf
>
> What's wrong?

LyX doesn't know about the newly installed pdflatex. Try running lyx,
going to to the Edit menu and choose 'Reconfigure'. Now close lyx and
start it again, at this stage you should be able to use export to pdf.

Notice that the conversion from latex to pdf2 tries to run a program
called 'none' instead of 'pdflatex'.

--
  Baruch Even

http://techst02.technion.ac.il/~sbaruch/   (My Site)
http://www.redrival.com/jindor/            (My brothers AD&D site)

" Learn to laugh ... it's the path to true love! "
   - The Angel in the movie Michael