On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Matej Cepl wrote:

> At 10:06 PM 12/25/2000 +0100, Javier Nieto Esteban wrote:
> >Hi,
> >         I'm an Spanish newbie user of Lyx (really, I use Klyx in my
> > Mandrake Linux).
>

> I have read something about re-emergence of KLyX in LDN, but I did not
> understood it well. Are there signs of KLyX's life? I would be very
> interested (using KDE on my RedHat).
>
> Matej

Several developers are working towards GUI independence of the LyX core
code. What this means is that the parts that control the GUI (xforms,
gnome, or kde) are localised, which makes it easier to port. I, with some
help from the other developers, am working on the KDE 1 frontend. This wil
enable a KLyX style frontend to LyX. In time, a KDE 2 frontend will also
exist.

However, this will take some time.

thanks
john

--
"The majority of the stupid is invincible and guaranteed for all time. The
 terror of their tyranny, however, is alleviated by their lack of consistency."