I've recently upgraded my Lyx to 1.1.6 and I have the following problem with
inserting bibliography citations.

Let's say I have a master document with several chapters as sub-files inserted
to it. I put the BibTex generated references in the master document. Now in
sub-files, when I want to add a citation, I can't since the BibTex references
are inserted in the master doc and aren't viewable by sub-files (all of the
files are open).

In previous versions, I had the option to type in the index of the citation
(assuming that I know it) in sub-files. LaTex would find it and create the
correct citation reference. In "Insert > Citation Reference" of 1.1.6, I can't
type anything in (it should be taken from the existing list). My question is:
should I use Tex to insert citations or there is another way to do this?

Thanks,