While it was never possible to control each and every function/popu in LyX
through keyboard commands, chances have considerably decreased since tabbed
dialogues were introduced in LyX 1.1.6x. I therefore have to admit my
somewhat mixed feelings about the advancement of LyX. The new functions of
1.1.6 are huge accomplishments, but the need to use the mouse more often to
get things done is a huge drawback, at least for me.

Is an objective for the developer team to achieve as much keyboard
compatibility as possible? Wouldn't that be a necessary prerequisite for
full GUI independence and curses/slang/newt-based frontends?

If so, is there any way the user community community help in this affair? I
would be willing to offer money on the "Free Software Bazaar" for making LyX
100% (or at least 99.5%) controllable through the keyboard. But such an
offer would only make sense if others join and increase the sum offered.

Florian

--
http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~cantsin/
http://www.complit.fu-berlin.de/institut/lehrpersonal/cramer.html