On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 3:55 PM, Kopf, Sebastian
<sebastian.k...@charite.de> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Unfortunately almost all document classes are gone in Lyx including natbib.
> In the past, I installed some additional classes e.g. Springer SV global V3,
> which are gone in LYX too even the files are still available in the folder
> (e.g. usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex/local).
> Lyx version 2.12 and MacTex is uptodate including all updates. MacOsX is
> Yosemite. I noticed that „Reconfigure“ is way quicker after this bug came.
> „Texhash“ and "$ sudo -H mktexlsr“ did not help either.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thank you very much in advance,

Please take a look here fore an explanation:
http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/208181/why-did-my-tex-related-gui-program-stop-working-in-mac-os-x-yosemite

Can you please report the bug to Apple (and let us know what they say)?

A workaround is being worked on in LyX and should be out somewhat
soon. The might be an experimental build available if you are willing
to test it.

Best,

Scott