On 10/30/2014 07:59 AM, Atanu Ghosh wrote:
Hi,

I am a user of Lyx ( in Ubuntu 12.04) for a year. My lyx was working fine but suddenly it got crashed and when I tried to restart it , the program did not respond. I unistalled Lyx and reinstalled it following the instructions in http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/LyXOnUbuntu.

But now when I am attempting to start Lyx, in the terminal it shows the following error message:

Warning: Could not read configuration file
Error while reading the configuration file
preferences.
Please check your installation.
My guess would be that somehow your configuration file got corrupted. LyX will generate a new one, though, if you just get rid of, or rename, the directory $(HOME)/.lyx Then it should start and search your system, setting up your configuration based on what programs and defaults you have.

--
David L. Johnson
Department of Mathematics