Hi All,

For some reason I would like to use zathura to view .pdf files generated by clicking on the preview button in Lyx. I have edited the field preferences>file format> pdflatex>viewer so that it now says custom and in the text box it says zathura. Now the problem is when I click the preview button zathura opens but does not display the correct file. Presumably Lyx has to pass some file name to zathura, I have tried $$f, $$r etc, but this didn't work either. When I try these options two instances of zathura open, one is empty and the other displays a 'filetype not supported' message. I have tested zathura and it is perfectly able to open regular .pdf files. I have also searched online and I am unable to find a solution to this problem, does anyone have any suggestion?

Best wishes

Oli