On 2014-12-02, Jesús López wrote:
> Hello,

> I'm writing a script to import math wikipedia articles in Lyx using
> wget, pandoc and tex2lyx and all is OK except that I want to use
> pdflatex, inputenc package and a custom table mapping the original
> unicode greek letters, via DeclareUnicodeCharacter, to for instance,
> \ensuremath{\Gamma}, but Lyx insist in exporting greek letters via its
> own autogenerated preamble and commands using the cbgreek font that
> produce a somewhat inhomogeneous output mixing cbgreek and math mode
> greek. Can one disable this automatic translation lyx does for
> pdflatex output?

Use the utf-8 encoding for the TeX source file.
(Document>Settings>Language>Encoding>Unicode (utf8))

This should be the default in our days ;-)

(BTW: the "alphabeta" package redefines \alpha ... \Omega in a way that
all Greek match characters can be input as Unicode characters (using
\textormath). See http://www.ctan.org/pkg/greek-inputenc/ )

Günter