On Sun, 18 Jan 2015 14:10:03 +0100
Wolfgang Engelmann <engelm...@uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

> There were attempts to create an export from lyx to epub. I wonder
> what the current state of it is.
> Wolfgang

Wolfgang,

I'm starting a project to quickly author books, exportable to *any*
form, including PDF and ePub, by writing fairly simple exporters.
Until/unless LyX becomes 100% well formed XML, any HTML (and therefore
ePub) export will be filled with deprecated stuff and dumb stuff like
turning <h1> into a <div>. And this pidgeon HTML makes ePubs with
disfunctional HTML or device TOCs, aparently double pages when moving
backward, and many other viewer visible problems.

The file format of my project is text, with surprisingly few tags, and
those tags are quick and easy to type. My project even has aliases, so
you can specify a paragraph as paragraph style ":st:", run fix -a on
it, and that is expanded to ":story:". It respects and keeps multiple
blank lines, for speedier navigation within the editor. It's all about
authoring speed.

It can be written using any text editor that can wordwrap (actually,
that wouldn't be a requirement, but long lines would slow authoring).

I waited years for LyX to develop a high quality HTML/ePub export, and
finally gave up and began writing my own.

Anyone wanting to discuss this new project with me, please go to #golug
on Freenode, and talk to stevelitt.

SteveT

  • epub Wolfgang Engelmann
    • Re: epub Steve Litt