There is a package on CTAN called pythontex that allows you to run python from
within a document.  I know LyX heavily relies on Python as well and I think I
have seen mention of people using python code in their documents.  I used to
use Matlab for data processing but have completely switched over to python so
I’m pretty sure you could do everything you want to do in python.

-Steve

On January 25, 2015 at 7:00:05 AM, Francesco Menoncin