Dekel> On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 12:05:58PM +0000, George De Bruin
Dekel> wrote:
>> process > > (convert to LaTeX od print) the file I get the error
>> message: > > > > \missing{begin{document} > > > > The problem is
>> that the program sometime before `beginning' the > > document,
>> calls the file english.cfg. > > How can tjis be fixed? > > This
>> might be the result of an unclosed { in the preamble.
>>
>> While this may be true, might I suggest then that there is
>> something going wrong between LyX 1.1.5 and 1.1.6? I have a number
>> of files that I was working on in 1.1.5 that never exhibited this
>> problem, but the moment I opened them in 1.1.6 they started
>> exhibiting this exact same problem.

Dekel> Do you have an example document ?

Dekel> One difference between 1.1.5 and 1.1.6 is that the latter
Dekel> always use babel, but I don't know if that is the cause of the
Dekel> problem.

This may happen if there is somewhere a file called english.cfg which
is not a latex file... I had the problem here when someone decided
that installing the latex2rtf support files in the tex tree was a good
idea.

So the problem is to find out what this english.cfg file is. What does
"kpsewhich english.cfg" say?

JMarc