On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 1:19 PM, Wolfgang Engelmann
<engelm...@uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

> Am 10.02.2015 um 12:00 schrieb Liviu Andronic:
>
>> On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 11:43 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann
>> <engelm...@uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

>>> Thanks, Liviu, The update is offered by muon, the update manager of
>>> Kubuntu.
>>> Since it is not yet officially released, I want to keep the 2.1 and call
>>> 2.2
>>>
>> I would be extremely surprised if Kubuntu were officially proposing an
>> update of LyX to the development 2.2. Moreover, versions 2.1 and 2.2
>> simply do not exist. There is 2.1.0, 2.1.1, 2.1.2, and soon 2.1.3.
>> While "2.2" is simply a code name for development code; it could have
>> been "2.2 A Hopeful Release is Some Futuristic Future", or similar.
>>
>> So which versions exactly have you updated from and to?
>>
>> Liviu
>

> from 2.1.1 to 2.2, see the snapshot. May be they packed it wrongly?

OK, so you're not using the official packages, but the development PPA instead.
https://launchpad.net/~lyx-devel/+archive/ubuntu/daily

As per the PPA's description:
lyx2.1 -- daily builds of the upcoming (stable) minor release
lyx2.2 -- daily builds of the upcoming (development) major release

If you want to use stable LyX, you need to install the package `lyx`,
nothing else. If you want to use development versions (*not
recommended* unless you know what you're doing), then you should
install either lyx2.1 or lyx2.2. In either case, all these
installations are independent so you can have them all installed at
the same time on your system (but beware not to edit a document in one
version, and then re-edit in another).

Regards,
Liviu

--